Vinny the Pumpkin is part of my new no-sewing Halloween collection called BOWLOWEEN (Bowling + Halloween!): it’s a collection of Halloween characters that work as Bowling pins and the eyeball as Bowling ball.
You can find all the (free) patterns at this link.
The pattern in this page is totally free, but it’s intellectual property of Elendipity.
You can use it and, of course, you can sell the final products you create, but you cannot sell the pattern or any alteration of the pattern.
You should also credit Elendipity (as pattern creator) whenever you create it, share it and/or sell it.
Feel free to tag me on my Instagram if you create it, I would love to see your works!!
This amigurumi is worked from the top to the bottom all in one.
You will begin from the head, decreasing to create the neck and then continuing with the bottom part of the body.
You will stuff the head and then you will finish stuffing part of the body at the end (in the pattern it will be specified when to stuff).
You will then make and attach the eyes.
If you like, you can embroider a mouth and eyebrows.
- Crochet Hook: 3 mm
- Hobbii Rainbow Cotton 8/6, colour n. 066 (Dusty Orange – DO) – 5 gr
- Hobbii Rainbow Cotton 8/6, colour n. 023 (Dusty Green – DG) – 4 gr
- Hobbii Rainbow Cotton 8/6, colour n. 007 (Brown – B) – 1 gr
- Stitch marker
- Darning needle
- Felt Eyes: I used white felt in oval shape and then a black marker for the pupil
- Superglue or Fabric Glue for the eyes (optional)
- Embroidery thread or thinner yarn for mouth and eyebrows + sewing needle (optional)
I bought the yarn at Hobbii.
Here below the list of the stitches (US terms) that you are going to use for this project.
- Number in brackets, at the end of each round, indicates the total stitches for the round.
- Instruction between * … * means you have to repeat what is between the asterisks by the times indicated after the second asterisk.
- Instruction between ( … ) means you have to do all the stitches in the brackets in the same stitch.
- You will always find the acronym of the stitch and a number close to it; if the number is before the name of the stitch, it means that you will have to repeat those stitches in the same space. For example: 5 SC = 5 Single Crochet in the same stitch / SC 5 = 5 Single Crochet in the next 5 stitches
Shall we start?
Here below you will find the free pattern with no pictures.
If you prefer, there is an ads-free pdf version of this pattern with 18 pages and over 25 photos to help you make the pumpkin step-by-step, you can buy it here.
With 3 mm crochet hook and the colour B, create a MC and work R1 in the MC.
SC 3 (3)
* INC * x 3 (6)
* SC 1, INC * x 3 (9) – change colour to DO
If you want to know how to change colours in amigurumi you can watch a video at this link.
TIP: if you have a problem to turn the work onto the right side, use a chopstick to help
FLO: * INC * x 9 (18)
* INC, SC 2 * x 6 (24)
* SC 3, INC * x 6 (30)
- R7, R8, R9, R10 (4 rounds)
SC 30 (30)
* DEC, SC 3 * x 6 (24)
* SC 2, DEC * x 6 (18)
* DEC, SC 1 * x 6 (12) – change colour to DG
FLO: * SC 1, INC * x 6 (18)
Now you will stuff the head, trying to keep it in an ovoid shape (not a sphere).
* INC, SC 5 * x 3 (21)
- R16, R17, R18, R19, R20, R21, R22 (7 rounds)
SC 21 (21)
BLO: * SC 5, DEC * x 3 (18)
BLO: SC 18 (18)
* DEC, SC 1 * x 6 (12)
Now stuff slightly the top of the body (more or less between R14 and R17)
* DEC * x 6 (6)
Cut an end tail of about 10 cm and follow the video at this link to see how to close an amigurumi.
After you closed the last round, push R23 / R26 inwards so the amigurumi will stay up on its “feet”.
I created the eyes with white felt and with a black marker to draw the pupil, then I glued them on the work, so these are the steps if you want to do the same.
Here below you will find the free instructions with no pictures.
If you prefer, there is an ads-free pdf version of this pattern with photos to help you make the pumpkin step-by-step, eyes included: you can buy it here.
On the felt, measure and cut a rectangle of 1.2 cm x 0.7 cm and then round off the corners.
Create a black pupil with a marker.
Now glue the eyes in position: between R7 and R9 of the head and 1/2 stitches apart.
If you would like, you could create the mouth and eyebrows.
You can use either embroidery floss/thread or thinner yarn, I did it in black but you can choose any colour you prefer.
In the pdf version of this pattern you will find photos step-by-step to help you make the pumpkin, embroidery included: you can buy it here.
And HERE WE ARE: your Vinny the Pumpkin is done!
I hope you enjoyed this Free Pattern
I have other many patterns available that you can find at this link.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any explanation for the pattern – you can comment below or write me at email@example.com.
I also offer crochet lessons (both in person or online) if you need some help with crochet creations and reading patterns. You find all the info for the classes at this link.
Feel free to tag me on my Instagram if you create it, I would love to see your works!6