I love to be surrounded by creative people, for all crafts.
Therefore of course I’m in some crafts groups on Facebook and more specifically crochet and sewing groups.
One of the things I noticed in various crochet groups is that most of the people (and I am definitely one of them) don’t like sewing parts.
So I decided to start creating some animals amigurumi with NO SEWING at all!!
And here we are with the second one of this collection.
The pattern in this page is totally free, but it’s intellectual property of Elendipity.
You can use it and, of course, you can sell the final products you create, but you cannot sell the pattern or any alteration of the pattern.
You should also credit Elendipity (as pattern creator) whenever you create it, share it and/or sell it.
Feel free to tag me on my Instagram if you create it, I would love to see your works!!
This amigurumi is worked from the front to the back of the animal, so you will begin from the muzzle, the head and you will continue working in round creating the ears, then the legs and finally the tail.
- For the small cat, Hobbii Rainbow Cotton 8/6, colour n. 057 (Dusty Orange) – 10gr / Crochet hook 3mm
- For the big cat, Hobbii Rainbow Cotton 8/8, colour n. 015 (Grey) – 15gr / Crochet hook 3.5mm
- For the velvet yarn, Hobbii Baby Snuggle, colour n. 025 (Dusty Orange) – 60gr / Crochet hook 6mm
- safety eyes
- stitch marker
- darning needle
- embroidery thread or smaller yarn (optional)
I bought the yarn at Hobbii.
Here below the list of the stitches (US terms) that we are going to use for this project.
- MC = Magic Circle
- CH = Chain
- SS = Slip Stich
- SC = Single Crochet
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- DC = Double Crochet
- INC (Increase) = 2 stitches in the same stitch
- DEC (Decrease) = 1 stitch worked over two stitches – it would be better if you know how to do Invisible Decrease.
- st = stitches
- BLO = Back Loop Only
- FLO = Front Loop Only
- BOBBLE = Bobble stitch is 5 DC together + 1 CH and more specifically: 1. Yarn over, insert the hook in the stitch, yarn over, pull through (you will have now 3 loops on your hook), yarn over and pull through only 2 loops and you will now have 2 loops on your hook; 2. Yarn over, insert the hook in the stitch, yarn over, pull through (you will have now 4 loops on your hook), yarn over and pull through only 2 loops, you will now have 3 loops on your hook; 3. Yarn over, insert the hook in the stitch, yarn over, pull through (you will have now 5 loops on your hook), yarn over and pull through only 2 loops, you will now have 4 loops on your hook; 4. Yarn over, insert the hook in the stitch, yarn over, pull through (you will have now 6 loops on your hook), yarn over and pull through only 2 loops, you will now have 5 loops on your hook; 5. Yarn over, insert the hook in the stitch, yarn over, pull through (you will have now 7 loops on your hook), yarn over and pull through only 2 loops, you will now have 6 loops on your hook; 6. Yarn over and pull through all the 6 loops and now you do 1 CH
- Number in brackets, at the end of each round, indicates the total stitches for the round.
- Instruction between * … * means you have to repeat what is between the asterisks by the times indicated after the second asterisk.
- Instruction between ( … ) means you have to do all the stitches in the brackets in the same stitch.
- You will always find the acronym of the stitch and a number close to it; if the number is before the name of the stitch, it means that you will have to repeat those stitches in the same space. For example: 5 DC = 5 Double Crochet in the same stitch / DC 5 = 5 Double Crochet in the next 5 stitches
Shall we start?
Create a MC and work R1 in the MC
- ROUND 1
SC 6 (6)
- ROUND 2
* INC * x 6 (12)
- ROUND 3
* SC 1, INC * x 6 (18)
- ROUND 4
* INC, SC 2 * x 6 (24)
- ROUND 5
* SC 3, INC * x 6 (30)
- ROUND 6
SC 11, Right Ear (FLO: 2 HDC, 2CH, SS 1 on top HDC, 2 HDC), SC 6, Left Ear (FLO: 2 HDC, 2CH, SS 1 on top HDC, 2 HDC), SC 11 (30 + 2 ears)
- ROUND 7
SC 10, INC, BLO DC 1, INC, SC 4, INC, BLO DC 1, INC, SC 10 (34)
- ROUND 8
SC 10, DEC, SC 1, DEC, SC 4, DEC, SC 1, DEC, SC 10 (30)
- ROUND 9
SC 2, Leg (FLO: bobble), SC 25, Leg (FLO: bobble), SC 1 (30 + 2 Legs)
- ROUND 10
SC 2, BLO SC 1, SC 25, BLO SC 1, SC 1 (30)
- ROUND 11, 12, 13(3 rounds)
SC 30 (30)
- ROUND 14
SC 3, Leg (FLO: bobble), SC 25, Leg (FLO: bobble) (30 + 2 Legs)
- ROUND 15
SC 3, BLO SC 1, SC 25, BLO SC 1 (30)
- ROUND 16
SC 30 (30)
- ROUND 17
* SC 3, DEC * x 6 (24)
- ROUND 18
* DEC, SC 2 * x 3, DEC, Tail (FLO: SS 1, 11 CH, – starting from the 2nd CH from the hook – SC 1, HDC 2, DC 1, HDC 2, SC 3, SS 1 and SS 1 in same FLO where you did the first SS), SC 1, * DEC, SC 2 * x 2 (18)
- ROUND 19
* DEC, SC 1 * x 6 (12)
For the 4th DEC you will do a normal DEC, not Invisible Decrease because you will have a normal SC + a BLO
- ROUND 20
* DEC * x 6 (6)
And HERE WE ARE: your CAT amigurumi no sewing is done!
Now you can decide to leave it like this or to add a keychain.
You can also embroider some whiskers and stripes like I did and you can create it in different sizes and colours!
I hope you enjoyed this Free Pattern
At this link you can find the same pattern but it’s an ad-free PDF version with more than 40 photos that will guide step by step through the process.
I have other many patterns available that you can find at this link.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any explanation for the pattern – you can write me at email@example.com.
I also offer crochet lessons (both in person or online) if you need some help with crochet creations and reading patterns.
You find all the info for the classes at this link.
Feel free to tag me on my Instagram if you create it, I would love to see your works!