“Eleonora, could you make a markers case, but roll-up?
You know, we would like to bring markers in the restaurant, so my daughter can draw after dinner…we would prefer this, instead of giving her the iPad.”
This was the phone call I received it from my cousin.
Of course I said yes immediately and I studied a little bit some solutions, then I decided to design my own.
I also added a pocket for the paper so you can bring everything with the same roll.
Let’s make parents’ life easier!
When I studied some tutorials online, I found that, even if they were really well made, you never have the explanation for the measurement: you always have to use the numbers of markers they have, etc.
So I decided to create my own tutorial where I explain how to take the measurement so everybody can create their customized one!
Here below and at this link you can find the video with all the explanations.
For your convenience, below the video, you can find the measurements for my project with 24 small markers and the space for a scissor
MEASUREMENTS (in CM)
- 1 piece of fabric for the outer part: 45×27
- 1 interfacing for the outer part: 45×27
- 2 pieces of fabric (same of the outer part) for the wings: 42×18
- 1 piece of fabric for the lining: 45×27
- 1 piece of fabric for the inside part of the pocket: 45×24
- 1 piece of fabric for the outer part of the pocket: 45x24cm
- 1 interfacing for the outer part of the pocket: 45x24cm
- 1 Hair tie
- 2 Buttons (better if one bigger and one smaller)
- Elastic: 58x2cm
- Bias: at least 1,5m
Here some pics: